Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Can't Do It Alone

Today I am once again reminded that I simply cannot do it alone. I am in dire need of my Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ, as well as the Holy Ghost, every single hour of my life. It always amazes me how quickly I can go from feeling peace and gratitude in my heart, and enjoying my blessings to feeling frustrated and irritable or angry, etc. I can go from being Christlike to being the opposite in a matter of hours. And sometimes it can last for days before I humble myself enough to offer an earnest prayer for help. To admit to Heavenly Father that I am not doing something right and I need help to overcome my feelings. Or to plead with him to help me overcome the feelings induced by the unfortunate choices of others around me.

Nothing helps me faster than prayer. This morning, I prayed and felt that I should exercise. So I did, and I put the extra “umph” into it in an effort to release the angry feelings I was having. It really helped! As I physically released that angry energy, I was able to soften my heart and hear the voice of the Holy Ghost. He was reminding me of some specific things I have already learned, but that I have forgotten. Remembering these small details helped me to put into perspective a situation that I was misconstruing. I was able to pray and offer the Lord more sincere repentance after my workout was over. He always knows just what I need! I'm so thankful that he cares enough about my little life in the grand scheme of things to lend me his grace and help me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I Believe

I'm a Mormon.

I love Leadership Education

Love-TJEd_Badge